Communal garden, grassed central area with group of mature trees. The Circus was built to designs by Wood the Elder, 1754-69. In the C18 it was cobbled, with a pump in the centre; documentary evidence points to a garden being laid out and trees planted between 1800
and 1808; railings surrounding central area removed 1939-45.
C17 site with fish ponds. Former manor house built by Sir John Newton C17. Site contains a succession of nine fish ponds, the last one clearly ornamental with island; also remains of old driveway. Grand C19 model farm steading now dominates site.
Early C19 house and garden, sited within deer park of Chandos House, demolished C18. Original hunting lodge remains (now Lodge Farm). Garden includes rockeries, and two Gothic windows set in garden wall. Gothic windows (LB II*) probably from Keynsham Abbey.
Mid C18 landscape park. Serpentine river and lake, with two islands, on one of which stands a temple 1950; iron bridge to island 1950s; icehouse; walled kitchen garden; remains of Victorian gasometer.
Admired by Richard Warner in 1801. Site now reduced in size; grotto and orangery demolished C20.
C18 garden and woodland, now much altered, above the Limpley Stoke valley: landscaped approach through woods via two archways, one rustic and one classical; C19 balustraded terrace; two fountains; walled kitchen garden. Recent reworking.
Early C18 garden, overlaid with early and later C20 additions. Pools, stone-built cascade, well-preserved mount and terraces appear to date from building of house, and suggest an original layout of terraces, pleasure grounds, and miniature park or meadow.
Early C20 Italianate layout by former owner, Horace Annesley Vachel, attributed to Harold Peto, comprises reworked terraces, formal pool, water-garden, hedges; continuing modifications c1970.
Small estate originally laid out mid C18, extended c1808, and again c1868. Now open grassland dotted with mature specimen trees; entrances flanked by mature avenues; large kitchen garden, with elaborate walls and gateways, still cultivated. Fine views.
Remains of park now maintained by Kingswood School.