English Heritage Register Grade II (added 1998). Early C20 formal garden, parkland and extensive kitchen garden. Estate owned by Hannah More 1784-1828; wood walks and two urns date from her occupancy. Edwardian gardens laid out for H.H. Wills1901-11, attributed to Harold Peto; terraces, clipped yew hedges, pavilion, rectangular pond and wooden pergola; parkland 1901-11 with some older trees; kitchen garden 1901-11. House (LB II) cottage ornée 1801 for Hannah More, enlarged c1900 by Ernest George and 1933 by Chester Jones, both for Wills family. Management training centre.
EH – two listings