BRENTRY HOSPITAL, Westbury-on-Trym
Landscape park 1802 by Humphry Repton for William Payne, extended c1817-25 for John Cave, part buil tover: carefully contrived views of Severn Estuary andWales; sinuous drive, part flanked by remains of haha; grotto, now lost; entrance lodge demolished c1970s; remains of curved orangery mid C19; woodland belts with mature ornamental and native trees; parkland specimens; ornamental shrubberies and modern amenity planting; grassland areas partly
damaged by regrading.
The grounds are now known as Royal Victoria Park
Brentry Conservation Area
- Associated Buildings
House, (LB II) 1802 by Humphry and John Adey Repton for W. Payne, extended mid C19.
Now in residential use and known as Repton Hall.