Municipal park on site of Bristol Castle C11,
demolished 1656, on site of Saxon Settlement of
Bristol c1000, includes ruins of St. Peter’s Church
blitzed November 1940, laid out as public park post
WWII: enhancement work took place 1991-93; Castle Keep excavation and moat
ditch, sites of Newgate and the Barbican,
Some features are Scheduled Ancient Monuments.
- Associated Buildings
St. Peter’s Church (II*), St. Peter’s Square, St. Edith’s Well, new
landing stage, bridge, on Floating Harbour, bandstand and
arena, play area, sculpture.