Municipal park on site of late C17 house and grounds. Grove Park, built 1696, destroyed by Luftwaffe 1941;grounds opened as public park 1891. Features include ruin of old house; early C19 woodland planting; rock garden; walled rose garden 1805; two statues from Strawberry Hill; circular pond and bandstand 1890; Garden of Fragrance 1958. Bandstand (LB II).
ST 31870 61952 – Grade ll