Municipal park by St. George Local Board late C19,
absorbed by City 1897, extended 1938; fine avenue of
London planes; specimen trees, many recent;
naturalistic boating lake with island and boat-house;
raised mound, previously bandstand, demolished
1958; bowling greens; tennis courts; play areas,
including skate-board park.
Railings. piers and gates (LB II) 1898 by Sir Frank
Wills as entrance to Victoria Library (demolished
c1960s) now park entrance.